Information about Arnold Information Technology
Read Stephen E. Arnold’s blog, Beyond Search
New interview series: Search Wizards Speak
Stephen E. Arnold on Google
- Relevance, Web 2.0, Yahoo, and Google
- Google’s Virtual Applications: Forcing a Fresh Look at Security
- Stephen Arnold on the AAP/Google lawsuit
- Arnold in USA Today: “Google is a next-generation computing platform.”
- News release describing “The Google Legacy”, Stephen Arnold's newest monograph
- The Googleplex: Search or More?
- Fighting for Rankings on Google
- Google Relevancy Ranking Issues
- Google Goes Back to Basics
- Google Seminar
- “Improving a Site’s Google Ranking”
Enterprise Search Practice
- Overview (View the steps involved in an enterprise search deployment)
- Which Search System?
- Cost Assumptions and Analysis
- Project Planning Services
- Independent Verification and Validation Services
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
About Stephen E. Arnold
- Background (Exclusive photo! Stephen in 1981, lecturing as The Data Bunny.)
- Short biography
- Long biography
- Arnold images: Jan 2013, Sept 2009 (larger version). Dec 2007 (larger version). Others: JPEG (130 KB), TIFF (1 MB, zipped)
- Steve Arnold’s Calendar
Snapshots of Selected Projects
- Capabilities summary / qualification statements
- Representative Web projects
- Links to Web projects in which Arnold IT has participated
- Addressing PageRank’s Issues. September 2007.
- Enterprise Search Summit 2007 - Endnote. May 2007.
- Online and Search Costs: Koan to Unknowns. November 2006 (PDF, 4 MB).
- Relevance, Web 2.0, Yahoo, and Google. May 24, 2006 (PDF, 1.2 MB).
- The End of Relevance and Objective Search Results. November 30, 2005 (PDF, 751 KB).
- Google’s Virtual Applications: Forcing a Fresh Look at Security. November 9, 2005 (PDF, 1.7 MB).
- Twelve Steps in Enterprise Search. November 2005 (PDF, 800 KB).
- The six sections of an abbreviated version of Mr. Arnold’s basic search seminar are intended for those who paid for the session. Respectfully, I request others to not download and make use of this information. Each is in PDF format. Part 1 (2.2 MB). Part 2 (236 KB). Part 3 (611 KB). Part 4 (857 KB). Part 5 (224 KB). Part 6 (328 KB). November 2005.
- Relevance and the End of Objective Hits. October, 2005 (PDF, 1.9 MB).
- Stephen Arnold on the AAP/Google lawsuit (Word format, 35 KB), 26 October 2005.
- Stephen Arnold quoted in USA Today, August 31, 2005. Says “Google is a next-generation computing platform.”
- News release describing “The Google Legacy”, Stephen Arnold's newest monograph (Word file, 190 KB), 20 August 2005.
- Relevance and the Future of Search (PDF, 39 KB), 20 August 2005.
- Envisioning the Future of Search (PDF, 188 KB), 2 August 2005.
- The Googleplex: Search or More? (PDF, 130 KB), 28 July 2005.
- Web IV&V (PDF, 800 KB), July 2005.
- Fighting for Rankings on Google (PDF, 470 KB), 25 July 2005.
- Press Release: Multiple Enterprise Search Installations Remain the Norm, July 2005.
- Google Relevancy Ranking Issues (PDF, 352 KB), June 2005.
- Google Goes Back to Basics (PDF, 50 KB), June 2005.
- Upcoming Google Seminar 28 July 2005.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) May 23, 2005.
- “Improving a Site’s Google Ranking” (PDF, 145 KB), May 18, 2005.
- “Trends in Enterprise Search” (DOC, 30 KB), May 17, 2005.
- Search Health Check Up Questions from CIO Insight, (A single HTML page 0.2 Mb), May 2005.
- Review of “The Enterprise Search Report” from Intranets Today, (DOC, 27 KB), May 2005.
- “How Enterprise Search Works” (PDF, 777 KB), April 2005.
- Chiara Fox wrote a detailed review of Stephen Arnold's “The Enterprise Search Report.” Chiara is a senior information architect for Adaptive Path. SheÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s worked with Fortune 100 and 500 companies such as PeopleSoft, AT&T, Square D, L.L. Bean, and Hewlett-Packard. We urge you to visit the Adaptive Path Web site for essays, news, and links related to information technology.
- Dynix Analytics (PDF, 1.6 MB), March 2005.
- Searching for Answers article (PDF, 81 KB), February 2005.
- Google and Its Impact on Enterprise Search article (PDF, 1.5 mb), December 2004.
- Gilbane Seminar Reference material (Zipped PDFs 3.6 MB), December 2004.
- Enterprise Search Report press release, October 2004.
- Enterprise Search Report table of contents (PDF, 360 KB), October 2004.
- 20 Questions (with answers) on Enterprise Search (PDF, 1.9 MB), July/August 2004.
- Information Boundaries and Libraries (DOC, 28 KB), February 2004.
- Big Online Customers: Getting Restless, Aren't They? (DOC, 32 KB), December 2003.
- Interactive Technical Books: A Bloomberg for Engineers (DOC format), 21 November 2003.
- Real-Time News: Can the Gray Ladies Do XML? (DOC format), Summer 2003.
- NewsNow: Hydroblasting Content (DOC format), Spring 2003.
- Social Network Technology and a New Search Paradigm, October 2003.
- Search: The New World Order of Subjective Relevance, October 2003.
- AISTI (Part A, Part B)
- Social Network Technology (Password needed)
- Clear Forest: Cutting through Content Clutter (PDF, 30 KB), 7 September 2003.
- Search Marketing: The New Internet Gold Rush, June 2003.
- Implementing Enterprise Search: Five Pitfalls (PDF, 2 MB), April 7-8, 2003.
- Traffic and Search: How to Beat the Odds in Two Rigged Games (PDF, 1.2 MB), May 19, 2003.
- Vivisimo: Clustering Delivers Information Overlook,
article from “Technology from Harrod’s Creek,”, May 5, 2003.
- Right-Sizing Content Management (PDF, 329 KB)
Web content management(WCM), April 2003.
- ez2Find: Search Morphs to Global Metasearch,
article from “Technology from Harrod’s Creek,” April 4, 2003.
- Guest editorial – Places and Spaces: mapping the library of tomorrow (PDF, 389, KB)
article from The Electronic Library [Vol. 21, No. 1], January 2003.
- What Is Enterprise Content Management and ... (PDF, 2.3 MB)
Federal Library and Information Center Committee, Library of Congress, March 14, 2003.;
- Who Can You Trust? Google, Yahoo! or Overture,
article from “Technology from Harrod’s Creek,” March 14, 2003.
- STM: Seeking The Money,
article from “Technology from Harrod’s Creek,” March 10, 2003.
- Intranet and Portal Technologies (PDF, 1.6 MB)
Computers in Libraries, Washington DC, March 15, 2003.
- Speech Archive. This page provides links to older presentations given by Stephen E. Arnold. Most are in PowerPoint for Web format. The speeches are listed with newer talks at the top of the list.
- Article Archive. This page provides links to older articles that appeared in various journals, trade magazines, and print tabloids. A variety of file formats are used, including Microsoft Word and Adobe PDF.
- Click here for Stephen E. Arnold books.
- Click here to see the video Portals
- Web 2.0 Introduction and Links
- 600+ International Search Engines)
- Agents, Spiders, and Bots on the Web
- Human-Intermediated Search Services
- Wireless Links
- TaxoDiary, a taxonomy blog
- Portal Vendors
- Search Engine Listing
- Vertical Search Engines and Resources